Sunday, March 27, 2011

whirlwind

one of my daughters explained her view of the venus mars debacle: women think men are retarded. men think women are crazy. i get that. my other daughter says that, when in doubt, thrive; you are in the system so your thriving brings thriving into the system. i get that too. my new vision of utopia is a world of thriving retards and crazy people.

impertinent scowls
watch me live
stay on your side
the moral divide
feel horribler and relentlessly horribbellerrrr
stretch your skeletal muscles
hold yourself biased braced for the pain
inflicting yourself choosing
affront your life with the constant threat of your death
we walk one road
consciousness can only track one reality at a time
in this framework each step
is both concluding and resuming
as we conclude damage, our new step brings brokenness
as we conclude with faith, we resume with grace
and, if we place our stance in joy?
flying in the door
smacking me in the face
whipped cream madness
honey in my hair
plant roses ease despair

No comments:

Post a Comment